Prep Time :
15 - 20 minutes
- 1 cup Rava / Sooji
- 1 chopped Onion
- ½ chopped tomatoes
- 3 Green Chillies slit sideways
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Daal
- 25 gms fried Cashew Nuts - optional
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp Oil
- Few curry leaves
- Finely chopped coriander leaves
- Lemon juice to taste
- Sift rava through a muslin / cheese cloth or very fine sieve.
- Heat 1tbsp. pure ghee / unsalted butter and fry rava ,on a moderate heat, stiring constantly to light brown color and set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and add mustard seeds and allow them to splatter.
- Add the urad dal & curry leaves to it and fry till they turn red.
- Add onion and green chilies. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and salt to taste.
- Add rava and fry on a moderate heat, stiring constantly to light brown color.
- Simultaneously boil 1 cup water.
- Add the water little by little and stir it until it becomes little thick.
- Take off from the heat and add lemon juice if desired.
- Serve hot garnished with cashews and coriander.