Poha - Gujarati style
Prep Time :
15 - 20 minutes
- 2 cups thick poha
- 1/2 tsp rai ( mustard seeds / sarson)
- 6 to 8 kadi patta (curry leaves)
- 1 tsp ginger-chili paste
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 tsp haldi (turmeric powder)
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 tsp oil
- 2tsp lemon
- salt to taste
- Place the poha in a sieve and hold it under running water for a few seconds. Toss well to drain out all excess water and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add the mustard seeds .
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and stir for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté till the onions turn golden brown.
- Add the potato, turmeric powder, salt, ginger-chili paste and a little water. Cover and heat on medium flame till the potatoes are cooked.
- Add the poha, sugar and a little more salt and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander and lemon wedges.