- 1 Cup Whole Wheat Flour
- ½ cup Maida (All purpose flour)
- 1 Teaspoon Oil
- 1 Teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Cumin (Jeera) Powder
- 1½ Teaspoons Turmeric Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Oil for Deep Frying
- In a big bowl mix all ingredients, except oil for deep frying.
- Add water little by little and make semi soft dough.
- Cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Break into 15 equal portions, shape into ball and flatten it.
- Roll it out into 3 to 4 inch circles with thin-medium thickness.
- Make it thin if you want crispy puri. Make sure to poke knife in each puri so that it does not puff.
- Alternatively heat oil for deep frying.
- To check if oil is hot enough drop a small piece of dough into the oil. The dough should fry up immediately and come to the surface.
- Cook till both sides are light brown of each poori, take the poori out and place it on paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- Puri can be served as snack with Chai .