Sev Kanda nu shaak
Ready In :
- 2 large sized Onions (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds ( rai)
- 1 tbsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp ginger-chilli paste
- Pinch of asafoetida
- 1 tbsp chilli powder
- ¼ tbsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tbsp cumin coriander powder
- 1 cup of sev (gram flour strands)
- Salt to taste
- Peel and wash onions and chop into small pieces.
- Heat oil at medium flame.
- Add mustard seeds, when it sputtering, add cumin seeds.
- Add asafoetida, turmeric powder and onions. Stir them well and cook for 5-10 minutes at medium flame.
- When onions become very soft, add ginger-chilli paste, chili powder, cumin coriander powder and salt according taste. Stir them well and cook for 10-15 minutes at medium flame.
- Add some water so the spices do not get burnt. Once there is only little water remaining add sev to the shaak mix well.
- Kanda sev nu shaak is ready to be server with roti/paratha or bhakri.