Prep Time :
15 - 20 minutes
- 1 cup sabudana(sago)
- 1/2 tsp Sugar -optional
- 1/2 cup peanuts
- 1 tsp chili ginger paste
- 1 boiled and peeled potato
- 2 tsp Oil
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp Lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- Few Curry Leaves
- Wash the sabudana in water 2 -3 times and soak them in water water just enough to cover the top of the sabudana for 6 to 7 hours.
- The sabudanas will double in volume.
- Chop the potatoes into small cubes.
- Roast the peanuts in separate pan. Let it cool and then grind it and keep aside.
- Heat the oil/ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle add the curry leaves.
- Add the chopped potatoes and stir well.
- Let them cook till they are light brown on the outside.
- Add the grinded peanuts and chilli ginger paste. Let it cook for about 2-5 minutes.
- Add sabudana mixture and mix gently. Let it cook for 10 - 15 mins stirring occasionally and scraping the sabudana layer from the bottom of the vessel. Add sugar and stir it well.
- When the pearls get translucent and shiny sabudana khichdi is ready.
- Sprinkle some lemon juice over it and serve hot.