Guvar Nu Shaak
Ready In :
- 2 cups Guvar (Cluster beans)
- 1/3 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp jaggery
- 3 tbs oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 1/3 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp Cumin coriander powder
- a pinch of asafoetida
- ½ cup of water
Cut the ends of the guvar and pull it to take the thread out from its side. Cut them into 2” squares.
- In a pressure cooker, heat about 2 tablespoon of oil and pop the mustard seeds. Let it splatter.
- Follow by asafoetida (hing) & ginger-garlic paste.
- Temper the oil well and add turmeric, cumin coriander powder and red chilli powder. Do all of this in low heat as you won’t want to burn any spice.
- Once the ingredients in the wok are well mixed, add your guvar and Let it saute for 5 minutes.
- Once you see some change in color, add jiggery and water. Pressure cook it for 6 to 7 whistles.
- You can also add potatoes if you like.
- Serve with rotis! Enjoy!!