Ready In :
For dhoklis :
- 1 cup - Wheat flour
- 1 tsp - Chilli powder
- Salt - to taste
- 1/2 tsp - Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp – Ajwain seeds
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp - Ghee
- Water - as per need
- 1 cup Toor Dal
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp sugar/ jaggery
- Coriander leaves (chopped)
- Take the wheat flour, chilli powder, salt , sugar , ajwain seeds and cumin seeds.
- Add the ghee and water and knead everything into a smooth dough.
- Make small balls from the dough and roll it like roti. Then cut the roti's in elongated diamond shapes or can just press small balls with hands to little thin shaped dsic. Keep aside covered.
- For dal, wash and soak the dal for 2 hours (if not soaked that should be fine too).
- Drain the water and pressure cook the dal in 4 cups of water with turmeric powder, chopped tomatoes and salt.
- Keep aside until the dal gets cooked.
- Take a heavy-bottomed pan. Heat the ghee and let the mustard seeds and cumin seeds crack.
- Now, add the cooked dal, garam masala powder, chilli powder and sugar or jaggery and cook everything in simmer mode.
- Now, add the already prepared dhoklis to the cooking dal and let them for at least 15-20 minutes.
- Finally, add the coriander leaves and put off the stove and serve. Enjoy!!