Dahi bataka nu shaak
Ready In :
- 2 medium sized potatoes boiled (Bataka)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 2 to 3 curry leaves
- 1 to 2 whole red chilli dry
- 1 tsp Ginger-Chili paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin coriander powder
- Plain Yogurt ( curd/ Dahi)
- 1 tsp jaggery ( optional)
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves chopped.
- Salt to taste
- Cut the boiled potatoes in small square and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in pan. Add mustard seeds and pinch of asafoetida.
- When it starts to crackle add curry leaves and dry chillies. Put the heat on medium flame.
- Add ginger- chilli paste and boiled potatoes. Now add all the spices turmeric powder, chilli powder, cumin coriander powder mix well and sauté till potatoes get coated with spices (around 2 minutes).
- Now add ½ cup of water, salt and jaggery (optional) and bring to boil.
- Put the gas to low flame now. Add yogurt to mixture and bring to gentle boil and until we get gravy to desired consistency.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and server it with Puris or rotis.